This quick, easy & delish summer salad was a hit at the last 2 (outdoor, socially distanced) potlucks I’ve attended. Try it at your next gathering or meal prep it & you’ve got lunch covered for the week!
Warming & hearty – this healthy soup is quick to prepare and delicious!
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Herbamare or salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 box / 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 TB miso paste (white or yellow)
- 1 can cannellini beans-drain and rinse
- 1 can chickpeas-drain and rinse
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa (dry)
- 2 cups collard greens – remove stems and chop
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups kale
- juice of 1/2 lime
Heat oil in large stockpot, add onion and saute until transparent. Add celery and carrot, saute until tender. Add garlic, Herbamare/salt, pepper and miso – saute, stirring constantly 1 more minute. Add beans, tomatoes, quinoe, broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add lime juice followed by greens and stir until wilted, then serve.
As requested, here’s a typical weekday’s food. Workout-wise, I did 30/35 min of fasted cardio before work.
5:15am: 32 oz warm lemon water, plus more water during workout
7:45am: Organic coffee with Foursigmatic Cordyceps Elixir and a few shakes of cinnamon while driving to work
9:30am: 17oz Hydroflask filled with warm water, lemon & ~1TB apple cider vinegar
12:00pm: “Health Insurance” Smoothie: I drink some iteration of this most days at work as I eat at my desk. Today’s included PlantFusion chocolate protein powder, ~2 c organic power greens (spinach, chard, kale & mizuna), 1/2 avocado; 1/3 frozen banana; 1/2 c organic wild blueberries, 1 TB chia seeds, few shakes turmeric. Also: 2 chopped carrots, 1 c celery, 1 c jicama with 6TB Trader Joe’s Sauerkraut with Pickled Persian Cucumber.
2:30pm: Organic Fuji apple, ~1/2 to 3/4 packet Justin’s almond butter
4:30pm: 25 oz S’well bottle with water & 2 drops lemon essential oil
5:30pm: 1c Butternut Squash soup & salad (2c mixed greens, 1/2c chickpeas, 1/3 c edamame, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, cucumber, 1/4 c quinoa, ~2TB homemade citrus dressing.
8:00pm: Hot cacao – 2TB Navitas Cacao with hot water & pumpkin pie spice, frozen banana with light smear of peanut butter & sprinkle cinnamon
9:30pm: Reishi mushroom elixir (switching up from my usual Natural Calm).
This is my husband’s current favorite meal (I serve it with a side of lentils). It’s colorful, flavorful & super easy to throw together. I haven’t purchased a salad dressing in a decade or more…and this one is great on salad, as a dip for veggies, and even good on pasta!
- 4 cups mixed kale & spinach
- 1/3 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 small gold & purple potatoes (I use organic from Trader Joe’s) – boil, peel, cut in 1/4ths
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup raw organic almonds (soak in cup of water for an hour, then drain & rinse)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
Blend in high-speed blender – store leftovers in a jar in the fridge for a few days.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1/2 in cubes, place in large bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil to coat
- Toss in 2tsp garlic powder, 1 TB rosemary, 1TB oregano, 1 tsp white pepper
- Toss with hands to coat
- Spread on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, turning halfway through