These lentils are on regular rotation around here, frequently as taco ‘meat’ or with brown rice & Brussels sprouts, just swap out the Mexican seasoning for allspice…
Into the crockpot, set on low for 6 hours:
- 2 c lentils, rinsed & drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 3c veggie broth
- 1c water
- 1 jar salsa (I like the Newman’s Own Mild Salsa)
- 1 TB cumin
- 2 tsp chipotle chili poweder
- 2 tsp oregano
Serve in lettuce wraps (or organic blue corn taco shells), topped with pico/salsa, avocado & sriracha
I either put these together while I’m fixing dinner or making my kids’ lunches. They’re ridiculously easy, delicious, and they keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Base: 1/3 c Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 c nut milk
Add-ins:(Just before serving)
1-2TB Cacao nibs
1-2 TB Almonds or Walnuts
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Few shakes cinnamon
Diced fresh fruit
Typically enjoyed cold, although could be warmed on stove (best) or in microwave (although I’m not a fan).
Again – mix it up at night & it’s ready in the morning when you are.
Base: 1/4 c Chia seeds
1 c Nut milk
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
Shake/stir and store in fridge overnight in jar or covered bowl.
Add-ins: Fresh fruit
Typically eaten cold.
Nature’s Path Organic Qi’a Creamy Coconut Gluten-Free Oatmeal
Super clean superfood ingredients
(Chia, Buckwheat, Hemp, Coconut)
This makes a great breakfast or filling snack!
Again, add in sliced strawberries or your favorite fruit, cinnamon, cacao nibs or powder, drizzle of maple syrup, sliced banana & nut butter.
This is my husband’s current favorite meal (I serve it with a side of lentils). It’s colorful, flavorful & super easy to throw together. I haven’t purchased a salad dressing in a decade or more…and this one is great on salad, as a dip for veggies, and even good on pasta!
- 4 cups mixed kale & spinach
- 1/3 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 small gold & purple potatoes (I use organic from Trader Joe’s) – boil, peel, cut in 1/4ths
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup raw organic almonds (soak in cup of water for an hour, then drain & rinse)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
Blend in high-speed blender – store leftovers in a jar in the fridge for a few days.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1/2 in cubes, place in large bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil to coat
- Toss in 2tsp garlic powder, 1 TB rosemary, 1TB oregano, 1 tsp white pepper
- Toss with hands to coat
- Spread on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, turning halfway through