We all know that it’s important to eat our veggies, get moving, prioritize restful sleep, etc – but I wanted to share some common blocks to living as the best version of ourselves as well as some easy yet impactful habits to upgrade our wellbeing!
Watch out for these pitfalls:
- Distraction: It can be easy to become bored & always looking for the next shiny object instead of staying the course, remaining focused & continuing the work you started.
- Unrealistic expectations: We all want the quick-fix, but trust me – there’s no such thing. Again, gotta stay the course & put in the work!
- Bad Habits: A history of poor choices – food, alcohol, negative thinking, mindless behaviors (hello, scrolling) are big obstacles that require mindful work to overcome.
Try these UPGRADES to improve your wellbeing:
- Don’t underestimate the power of an accountability partner! Having someone you trust that you can turn to – whether it’s for encouragement or commiseration is a powerful tool! You may enlist a pal who is on the same place in the journey that you are – OR- ask someone who has been where you are now but is now further down the path to act as a mentor.
- Meditation and breath work – I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again – the benefits of even 5 rounds of box breathing are a potent way to decrease cortisol and re-focus on your goals when distraction (see above) starts to rear its ugly head.
- Get moving! ANY movement – if you have time for a full workout – go for it! – but even a 5 minute walk or quick stretch can raise your energy level (remember – oxygen is our primary fuel!)
Want more? Join us in the Goal:Fit Monthly Membership HERE